It's baaaack!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The vis at Lake Travis that is. It is definitely a huge improvement from just last weekend.

I dove right off the Point at Bob Wentz park this morning. Didn't need my light at all until about 40'. From surface to 110' I'd say vis is close to 10'. It deteriorates pretty quickly at 110'-130', but still better than it has been at any depth for some weeks. Had I been more prepared for a deep dive I would have kept going.

Temps are still consistent...63 degrees from surface to 130'.

I saw the biggest freaking catfish I've ever seen...alive...this morning too. One was a good 4' long...a monster! The other was somewhere in the 2'-3' range. I shown my light on my finger and wiggled it a couple of feet away from the big one and it started turning my way. I didn't let it get close enough to take a bite but I did get a hand on it's tail for a millisecond before it took off. Guess I need some lessons from an accomplished Oklahoma noodler!! :D

63f!!!! We were at Lake Murray yesterday in Oklahoma and had a cool 48f water temp.. Timeliners new hip shot spear gun would do a trick on those 'cats'--:eyebrow: :D

k-valve

I think Stephen and I saw the same catfish coming out of the sailboat off platform 1 at WP on Friday. It's head was a big as mine and IT HAD A WHOLE OTHER FISH IN ITS MOUTH!

It was just about the freakiest thing I've ever seen. Scared the daylights out of us.

Oh yeah - ditto on the viz - we had the same experience - not lights until about 40' and then it got real dark, but it was a marked improvement in water clarity from last weekend

Yes......... the Vis is back........... But.....

While I can see more in the lake......... at 48 degrees the Northern Clan Swampers still can't feel that finger that is going to sqeeze the trigger on the spear gun that will pop that fish..... and provide a soild meal for the family........... Crap......
I guess I'll have to go to the store and get some food before I go home :shakehead:

It's tough to survive as a Sciba Diver but it's better then going on Welfare I always say.

Frank, you need to come up with something that is similar to a deer feeder but maybe put some stink bait in there to chum up the really big cats. You could hover there in the canopy of a submerged tree and stake them out. I think Oxycheq has a camo wing now and you already have the Realtree gloves. A custom 7mm and you're all set.

Frank, you need to come up with something that is similar to a deer feeder but maybe put some stink bait in there to chum up the really big cats. You could hover there in the canopy of a submerged tree and stake them out. I think Oxycheq has a camo wing now and you already have the Realtree gloves. A custom 7mm and you're all set.

It's perfect...now all we need to find Frank is a camo wetsuit and he's good to go! :rofl3:

Attachments

• OxyMackVWingCamo.jpg
    OxyMackVWingCamo.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 33

Back
Top Bottom