It's a small world!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Since the work day was cancelled at Twin Lakes, Beast and I decided to go dive shop cruising this morning. We started out at Ocean Ventures, one of the more technical shops. We've been there awhile when this man, his wife, and two boys come in. We all nod and say hello and continue to scan to dive shop for treasures. I don't remember exactly what was said but this Mr. C mentions he had to change his plans for Lake Travis this weekend.

Beast - "Oh, we're going to be there this weekend at Mansfield Dam."

Mr. C - "That's where I'm going to be. There's supposed to be a dive club there."

Dee - "Yea, we're with the Texas Swamp Diveing Team!"

Mr. C - "That's it!"

Dee - "Are you on Scuba Board? What's your name?"

Mr. C - "Yes I am. I'm coldwater on the board."

Dee - "Well I'll be damned! I'm Dee." (I had previously introduced myself by my full name)

Mr. C - "Small world! How do you do! I guess he's the Beast?"

Ok...ya'll get the picture! I'm batting 1000....Coldwater isn't an axe murderer either! He's a very nice man, with a lovely wife and two future divers nipping at his heels!

Beast decided to go out to Twin Lakes in the morning and do some welding since his machine is loaded anyway. So Coldwater is meeting us for a dive or two, even if the rain did smudge things up a bit!

Very nice to meet ya, Coldwater :wink: See ya in the morning!

Hey Dee,

You can't be too sure.
The best axe murders all use a good cover.:D

It IS fun to meet people from the board.

Originally posted by Dee
Since the work day was cancelled at Twin Lakes, Beast and I decided to go dive shop cruising this morning. We started out at Ocean Ventures, one of the more technical shops ....

Hey Dee, was this shop on Bissonett just west of Kirby? If so, the shop owners, Ann and Eric, are very good friends of mine and I have been a regular customer of theirs for 10 years. Once again, as this post indicates, it is a small world.

Mitch...that's the one! Daylight turned us onto this shop a few months a go. Actually, we'd tried to find it several times but as you know, it's not in a location you would expect! It's a cool shop.

Dee, you're correct, it is in a location you would not expect. Ann knows that so that is why the big dive flag hangs in the back window.

Speaking about the location, I will have to tell you about the time I let Ann talk me into me taking 20 tanks from the shop over to where she got them filled. The fun part was carrying the tanks two-at-a-time from the shop down to my truck. About halfway through, I was wondering what was I thinking!!!

I always recommend folks to Ann and Eric all the time. I can picture the scene in the shop with you, Beast, Eric, and Ann. :)

Back
Top Bottom