ITK - some pics from Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
newly land-locked in Cinci-freaking-natti
# of dives
Invade the Keys III - Key Largo 7/11 - 7/13
although the viz was not really phototastic, I managed to get a few shots (video clips came out better):

Fri I was on the Eagle night dive with Conch
sb-scorpion.jpg

Then the Saturday all day and Sunday morning i was with BlueWater divers. We did one on the Spiegel in quite strong current and murky viz (no great photos) before heading off to the Benwood which was a little more photogenic
sb-benwood-coral.jpg

sb-benwood-trumpet.jpg

sb-benwood-fish.jpg

We had reef dives on Sat afternoon (a nice drift and the anchored):

sb-bait.jpg

sb-sting1.jpg

sb-angel.jpg

...a pretty crap shot, but gotta love these guys - it swam close by at the end of the drift dive:
sb-eagle.jpg

(also got blown out of the Bibb/Duane on Sunday - the mooring balls were somewhat submerged indicating ripping current, and went to the Speigel again - but didn't really take anything good, although it was a very enjoyable dive)

Thnx for the pix

Those are some incredible shots Stu....I have never seen anything like the first one. What is it? Nothing like that in the cold water sof Canada (fresh water as well)

Nice pics, I always enjoy the Benwood. The Duane is also a great dive sorry you didnt get to do it.

Great composition on the shot of the grunts in the porthole-type thing. The stingray and angelfish pics are pretty cool too.

thanks all for the comments

ScubaSteve - it is a scorpionfish. They are actually quite common in warmer waters, although very well camoflaged and highly venemous...usually they sit still and pose for photos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom