Itinerary Help - 2 or 3 weeks in Philippines - Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yay...this is fantastic. Thanks for the tips. You've sold me on Donsol and Malapascua, and possibly Apo.

My flight gets in pretty late (9:30pm) to Manila, so I'll have to stay a night. Any recommendations for accommodations? Does Manila live up to it's bad reputation (esp for a single female traveler) or is it fine?

Also -- how is the wifi in these places (Donsol, Malapascua, and Apo)? I'm taking a couple online classes and need to submit homework periodically (multitasking on holiday :)).

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Wifi at Apo - none.

You'll do fine in Manila, just stay out of the same types of areas you would avoid elsewhere.

Lots of reasonable priced hotels, check Asiarooms.

I stayed at Friendly's guesthouse in Malate, paid 1100 pesos a night (about $23 or so!)...it's a very basic room but is clean, has hot water, private bath and aircon, more than enough for a night! I stayed 3 nights and was comfortable there. However, they are in Lonely Planet also so tend to get full so call ahead... the main tourist areas in Malate and Ermita are pretty safe, I didn't feel any danger whatsoever even at 11:30 at night. Hope you have a great time!

Yay...this is fantastic. Thanks for the tips. You've sold me on Donsol and Malapascua, and possibly Apo.

Also -- how is the wifi in these places (Donsol, Malapascua, and Apo)? I'm taking a couple online classes and need to submit homework periodically (multitasking on holiday :)).

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Great choices! you'll love it...Wifi here in Malapascua is ok most of the time. We have it for free in our bar and it's good enough to use scubaboard :)

Back
Top Bottom