It works.....it works....it REALLY works !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. so there I was in the post exchange the other day and looking around when I notice there is a display of Ronco (Ron Popiel's stuff) rotisseries. They were on sale with an in store rebate. The price wasnt bad at all....about 1 /3 of what I have seen on line and I figured what the heck, let's give it a try.

So I get one and bring it home. It is suppose to do a 23 lb turkey......we will see.

Well the Friday before Bird Day I decide to fire it up and I decide that for its first try to get a nice beef roast and see how it goes. I go through all the things you need to do and eventually get it going. I calculate the time and just sit and watch it a lot like TV. My GF was over and she just giggled the whole time. I am such a kitchen dork.

The time came and went when the beef was suppose to be ready. And it kept on going. The temp was way too low on the beef. So at almost twice the time it was suppose to take the themometer says the temp is right for medium well. I take it off the mount and cut into it. Man the juice that came out.....the beef just melted in our mouths. Gooodddd!!

Ok, so I get gutsy and we decide we are going to do the Bird Day turkey with this thing (our Bird Day was Saturday because that was when my daughter could be here from Pittsburgh). We prep the turkey and get it mounted like you are suppose to (comes with a video) and get her going. I thought...argggg....if it took the beef more time than indicated, it would probably take the turkey more time than indicated. So we did some math and decided to start the turkey (15 lbs) at noon for a 5 pm supper.

Doo !!! That turkey took less than 3 hours and was the most golden brown and juicy thing you could imagine. Man it was good. No big deal we ate earlier than planned.

So that is one infomercial you can believe. Those rotisserie cookers from Ronco are great. I cant wait to get the drum that does baby back ribs.

Holy cow, you fit a 23lb Turkey into one of those things? I am glad it works so well. I always wanted to try one of the Ronco cookers. They look like they work pretty well on TV.

TOM

If you get tired of it I will trade you a Popiel Pocket Fisherman for it.

HEHEHEHE,,,,, I dont think so James....they cant all be winners, but the rotisserie sure is.

And REII.....my turkey was 15lbs and I had a couple of inches clear rotation no rubbing. If you went out to 23 lbs I would really imagine it would depend totally on the turkeys girth. If it was one of those butter balls....you might have a problem but I could have gotten one on there bigger than the one I had, for sure.

And it def did a great job. This weekend....a double whole chicken load.

Plus I went on line and ordered the accessory that makes doing baby back ribs a breeze. Cant wait for that little item.

My brother-in-law and I share an unhealthy fascination with TV informercials. Where we digress is that he actually buys the stuff, while I am content to be mesmerized by the endless ads.

The rotisserie is the one thing he's bought that he actually continues to use - and he loves it. He was talking about doing ribs a few months ago - I guess he's bought the accessory for it.

I can say that I bought it a few yrs. ago while in bed really sick with the flu..I was delusional then, but, man I love that thing..it works awesome. I've made turkey, roast beef, chix, you name it it has been made in there. It is highly recommended.

Wallymart has them too but what's a good price? I think they were $50 there.

hnladue:
Wallymart has them too but what's a good price? I think they were $50 there.

With the rebate....that is another thread....I paid $99 for mine. I dont think you will find the Pro 6000 as low as $50 but if I do see one in Wally World for that much I will def pick me up a spare !

How is it going girl?

I'll have to check wallyworld again. Might have been $150. Looking for something nice for mom but don't know if it'll be even possible to make us ahppy this year!! Really sucks losing a parent at this time of year!

I know hon. Oct 9th, was my day.

Hang in there. Keeping you in my thoughts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom