It Really Is a Small, Small World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got4boyz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The other day I noticed that landlocked was from SE Idaho. I PMed him and asked which town he lived in. It turned out the town was an hour from where I grew up and the town that I went to college in.

I gave him my email address and when he sent me an email I noticed that the last part of his email address was the same as my best friend who works at the college there. I told landlocked my best friend worked there too and told him her name. I didn't think he would know her since there are lots of people who work at the college.

Come to find out, not only did he know her but he works in the same building as her. He also knows my uncle who was a professor at the college. It is indeed a small world!

Does any one else have any interesting stories about someone you met through the scubaboard???

I noticed that Uncle Pug lived in the Pacific N.W., and I said..ahh heck, I will PM him and see what more I can find out. Sure enough, he does lives in the Pacific N.W. This is a major coincidence since I lived in the Midwest.

We are pratically neighbors.

:confused:

got4boyz once bubbled...
The other day I noticed that landlocked was from SE Idaho. I PMed him and asked which town he lived in. It turned out the town was an hour from where I grew up and the town that I went to college in.

I gave him my email address and when he sent me an email I noticed that the last part of his email address was the same as my best friend who works at the college there. I told landlocked my best friend worked there too and told him her name. I didn't think he would know her since there are lots of people who work at the college.

Come to find out, not only did he know her but he works in the same building as her. He also knows my uncle who was a professor at the college. It is indeed a small world!

Does any one else have any interesting stories about someone you met through the scubaboard???

you think thats interesting..Couple months ago Submariner who is a regular on this board and lives down in Georgia pms me and who would of thought in a million years, she used to live on the street behind me where I am living right now. She went to the grade school that my son will be attending starting September and her dad was the principal there. It is a small world.:)

...just that everyone I have met and dove with has been really nice. Ever notice how they are nothing like what you expected though? Everybody I meet from the board looks nothing like what I was expecting and is always either much younger or older than I expected...

in Futenma, Okinawa Japan one night. Got bored and started talking to the guy on the next stool. Turns out he grew up a mile away from me at the same time. We'd never seen each other before that night.

Tom

One night I was in my LDS. I'm learning how to blend Nitrox and had volunteered to help fill some tanks as the guy on duty was trying to get to dinner with his girlfriend.

One gentleman comes in and needs a fill, so I hook him up and start blending. After about 30 mnutes of conversation, he mentions that he is on the Board. Turns out its Raxafarian.

The New England group has been diving a few times together. Meeting up with Rax allowed me to join them. We've got more dives planned, ranging from easy shore dives through and including a u-boat later this season.

Pretty cool, overall.

heh :)
I used to live in Houston, just off of 1960 at the HW6 end if anyone lives near there :)
They were just building a new albertsons right outside my apartment complex when i left in 2000 :)

wouldnt that be funny. lol

King Neptune was driving home in the very early morning hours and got a flat tire. He had to pull off the road in an area that has several convenience stores, but none of them had an air station so he could fill the tire to get home.

He went into one of the stores and asked the clerk if there was any place close by that had air. A man in the store spoke up and said he had a Scuba tank in the back of his truck with one of those fill hoses on it. He said he used it to fill basketballs and stuff for his kids. He wasn't sure if it would work for filling a tire, but he would be more than happy to try. They walked out to the truck, got the tank and hooked it up to the tire. Sure enough, it worked and they were able to fill the tire enough for KN to get home.

Now, KN happened to be wearing his jacket with the Scuba Source logo on it and the man asked him if he was King Neptune. KN said yes he was and the man said he really enjoyed the board. KN thanked the man, but never got a chance to find out who he was.

It is definitely a small, small world.

Rooster1 that really is a cool story. BTW my husband is mad at you, he says you stole his name. Rooster1 is usually his password! LOL

O-ring, the people on this board are all really nice. I know what you mean about they aren't what you expect. Sometimes I will look at somebody's profile for fun and when I see their pictures I am totally surprised! :)

Uncle Pug, I don't think the guy WreckWriter met was on this board. It was just a coincidental meeting, an amazing one at that.

WreckWriter, I guess you lived in a big city or something to have not known him if he grew up just a mile from you at the same time. Where I grew up I knew everyone within 20 miles of me in every direction! LOL

Northeastwrecks, that turned out to be a fun meeting since it made you a whole new group of friends to dive with. I'm waiting for the chance to meet and dive with the Swampers here in Texas. BTW, you will probably laugh at me for asking this, but what is an LDS????

Phoenix, I've probably driven by your old apartment a time or two. :)

Ladydiver, what a great story. Hey, whoever it was that helped King Neptune out, please let us know. That's really cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom