It really is a fellowship--divers help divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nolatom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A long-time buddy living near Jupiter, Florida said absolutely yes when my wife and I wanted to flee New Orleans after Hurricane Ida a couple of weeks ago.

We had survived the storm okay, but the no-electricity-and-we-can't tell you when, was too much for my wife in the heat of still-summer, and I wasn't enjoying it much either.

So, with dive gear, and the dog and the cat, we bugged out on that long drive and were graciously accepted as friends and guests. Stuart, Palm City, Jensen Beach area is nice, and the diving off Jupiter is really nice. She and I did a dive day near the Esso Bonaire, after which she took off for Cozumel, a planned trip. We stayed on a few more days during which I did a midday high-tide shore dive at Phil Foster Park, under the Blue Heron Bridge in Palm beach. My wife reconnoitered with friends at a nearby horse ranch.

We were "refugees", and with Buddy's gracious help, we made it a vacation, and were really grateful.

I don't know how many have had a similar kindness shown to them by dive buddies, but I'll bet it's more than a few. Divers really do look after each other, whether in the water or on land.

Back
Top Bottom