Istanbul June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I will be in Istanbul for the month of June. My time will be very flexible, esp for frequent 2-3 day excursions. Any suggestions as to where to go for decent diving? I have read that Istanbul is not the place to be for diving in Turkey and that the south is better. However I have no choice about my base, which will be Istanbul.

A search for diving from Istanbul turned up nothing from within the last couple years so I thought it might be worth starting a thread.

Thanks!

Paul

I would be interested to know if you have any diving contacts in Cannakale area. I made email contact with someone there and have not been able to get a follow up contact. I will be there in mid April- around the 17th.

J
According to me you should go for Sivriada.Most people think it is not a good place to dive due to the polluted and cool water and the diminished varieties of life of the Marmara Sea. However, the point called "67 Taşı" (Stone of 67) on the southeast of Sivriada is very popular with its diving profile without a current and the number of dives per year. There are many amphora's around.

wrs diving in Turkey, I just got in touch with Tdiver via scubaboard, send him a PM. You can also contact him through his website, Virtual Tourist. Wealth of information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom