Issues with my trigger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo.Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

My rig consists of different bits and pieces from different distributors so no one was actually responsible to give me the support I needed so I decided to post my problem here and hope someone can help me figure it out.

First, let me start by stating my rig components.
- Sony A6500
- Rokinon 12mm F2.0
- SeaFrogs housing
- TRT s-Turtle Manual
- 2x Sea&Sea YS-D3 MKII
- 2x SeaLife fiber optic cables

I setup everything in place and the strobes fire with every shutter click. My camera is on manual mode and I'm experimenting at home before my dive trip. I put the strobes on manual mode and they fire with every picture but I don't necessarily see the light in my picture. I don't change anything in the settings and my strobes fire every time but sometimes I see their light in my pictures and sometimes I don't.

I removed the trigger and went back to firing with the camera's built-in flash and everything works great.

I tried looking for an update or a way to setup the trigger to my camera and strobes but the TRT website says it doesn't have to be setup since it is a manual trigger.

Could my trigger be faulty? Because once I removed it everything works great. I only have issues when I'm using the trigger.

Could it be my fiber cables as they might be single core? but my strobes fire with every shutter click.

Would anyone recommend a set of settings that I could try?

Thanks!

Little late, but what shutter speed are you using? Could you just be missing the flash?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom