Issues of internal pressure in the Poseidon Cyklon 1st stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyfffff

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody,

I bought the Poseidon Cyklon package in the Dive Gear Express but they told me the 1st stage has some issue.
Is there have somebody knows what happen about that?
I can wait the wait for it to be fixed or change to the Extreme, but I really like the like the metal 2nd in the Poseidon Cyklon.

I want to know what about the Extreme? or wait? or choose other regulator.
Whom give me some opinions?
Thanks!
1.jpg
2.jpg

The good news is that the cyklon is an unbalanced down stream design so it would start to free-flow before it failed.

The bad news is that IP creep is bad. They're talking about IP creep from about 9 or 10 bar (nominal setting for most regulators) to about 11 or 12 bar. That's quite a lot. The intermediate pressure of the 1st stage must be much more stable than that in order for the regulator to work reliably.

You need to wait for them to fix it.

R..

Oh... by the way, to answer your question. The issue is in the first stage of your regulator. If you really like the looks of the cyklon then you can ask them to combine it with the xstream first stage. That will work and it will be faster than waiting for a solution, although you may need to pay a bit more. (of that I am not sure).

Another thing I would like to make you aware of in general terms is that how something looks is vastly subordinate to the functionality. A fancy looking regulator isn't going to get you more chicks or help you dive better unless its performance is also better.

Function before form..... always. That is my personal opinion.

R..

I find it interesting that in the message sent to you, the vendor doesn't know the way to spell the product...

Xstream is the product...

Last edited:
FWIW - I dive the MK2/Xstream. The MK3 is the new first stage that incorporates an internal OPV so you can use standard hoses without using up a port for an add-on opv.. I really enjoy this regulator.

I find it more interesting that your vendor doesn't realize what the IP of the Cyklon is supposed to be.

The official target spec is 167psi or 11.5bar. The range is 10bar/145psi up to 12.5bar/181psi.

170psi is perfectly in spec for that regulator as long as it stays there and it will breathe quite well

oops!

Plot thickens.... so, it isn't DGX, is it? I'd think they know their regulators....

oops!

Plot thickens.... so, it isn't DGX, is it? I'd think they know their regulators....

A few posts ago you pointed out they don't know the proper name for the product. Although in their defense, the CSR is probably not the same person servicing the regulator.

Back
Top Bottom