Issue with Mares Nemo Broken Watch 2 years old. =(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ekoesling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I will try to make this as short and to the point as possible, if you need further clarification or want more in depth explanations shoot me a message.
I purchased a Mares Nemo (Stainless) about 2 or so years ago and have logged several dives on it. On a recent trip to the Cayman Islands, shortly after arriving I received a battery low indication on my dive watch. Oh brother, what bad timing. So I seek out a dive shop (no shortage of those on this island) that can properly service my watch with the proper pressure testing etc. $52 US dollars later I have a fresh battery with the proper pressure testing completed. All receipts are still accounted for and the details of the pressure test are included.
1st dive Next morning
At 34 feet (give or take) my nemo starts going on the fritz. I am watching as the numbers are getting scrambled and the screen starts twitching and goes dead. I cannot believe my eyes. Sure enough once on the surface a haze of fog layers the glass from the inside.
The dive shop wont do anything about it claiming it was properly pressure tested etc. Anyone know what my options are? I see that someone from Mares posts here on this forum regularly and I have seen some satisfied resolutions to issues he has been involved in. I am hoping my case may not vary.

Thanks in advance.

Elliott

Hi Elliott,

Not seeing the watch, my comments are assumptions but not facts. If you had a battery changed, then went in the water and it flooded the first thought is that the gasket was not inspected and or replaced properly. Now they do say they pressure tested it, but I can't confimr this and if it was done properly it should not flood immediatly after. Or there could be a failure or crack in the glass, but again just guessing at the moment.

1st Step, PM me the name of the shop that changed the battery.

Regards,

Phil

I am overjoyed with your intrest in trying to help my situation. I have sent the requested information in a PM.

Thanks much

Elliott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom