Isotta GoPro 9/10 Underwater Housing Gear Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very useful. Thanks for that.

Been thinking about getting one of those as an "upgrade" to a Paralenz. Whilst the Parlenz goes on most dives, attached to my primary light, there's no screen which makes framing difficult. Would also imagine that the GoPro's stabilisation would be way better too.

Very useful. Thanks for that.

Been thinking about getting one of those as an "upgrade" to a Paralenz. Whilst the Parlenz goes on most dives, attached to my primary light, there's no screen which makes framing difficult. Would also imagine that the GoPro's stabilisation would be way better too.

I can confirm as a Paralenz Vaquita user the GoPro's stabilization and image quality is miles ahead of the Paralenz. I am fairly disappointed with how shaky the video quality of the Paralenz is compared to what a 9 or 10 GoPro produces. Also the Paralenz has alot of trouble focusing on things closer than maybe 1.5m which I have not found to be the issue with the GoPro. Lastly I dive mostly in Indonesia and the volcanic fine sand has alot of iron in it so it the magnetic switch grabs all the iron rich sand and causing it to stick.

I realy tried hard to like the Paralenz and the idea of it was great but in the end it was a let down. When I barrow friends GoPro 9 or 10's and use them side by side the Paralenz just does not compete. I will for sure be switching to the newer gopro 10 as well.

The Paralenz is more compact than the GoPro so is on most dives with me — just in case there’s a passing mermaid. Never been overenamoured with it though despite it having done hundreds of dives without flooding. Not keen on the user interface either.

I have not had good luck with paralenz lost some good stuff. I bought the original. Kinda turned off by the whole concept now. I have a gopro 7 in an issotta housing and have had it bouncing around with my tech gear. Love that it keeps the gopro together without removing the front element. Nice piece.

Best cock-up thus far with the Paralenz was an historic wreck (HMS Pathfinder -- first ship ever to be sunk by a submarine launched torpedo) around 70m/230ft. Turned the Paralenz on and started recording the video on the bottom. Very interesting wreck as it's protected with an absolute nothing to be brought up rule, so people have found artefacts and laid them on the deck (slightly like Truk I believe).

Turned the Paralenz off for the ascent and the 1h45 deco. Lovely dive (pause for a minute for the men who died on her).

Later discovered that I'd managed to turn it off for the bottom and on for 1h45 of deco; so exciting not.

The user interface has got a bit too flashy. It's hard to read it at the best of times without glasses, but now the font size is really small and it flashes to show a couple of settings.

Am definitely interested in a GoPro simply because there's a bigger screen for framing and hopefully it won't be so obscure in use.

Later discovered that I'd managed to turn it off for the bottom and on for 1h45 of deco; so exciting not.

Ha classic Paralenz story. I have missed soooo many thresher sharks, hammerheads, and molamola because of this. Once recorded 4hr of the paralenz doing the "Quad-D" (Dangling D-ring Deco Dance). I guess that is the one thing it has over the Gopro the battery life and recording time is impressive. But I find the Quad-D happens to me a lot.

Also the Paralenz likes to over-red filtered a lot of cool shots at depth because you or your friend light something up with your lights and because it in the DSS mode on everything is just bright red and if your like me you bought a paralenz to originally because you wanted a simple point and shoot because your horrible with technology and can not to all that fancy video photoshop work so you just end of with a red video.
Here is a good example of a Nautilus I shot a quick video of with the famous Paralenz red.

Ha classic Paralenz story. I have missed soooo many thresher sharks, hammerheads, and molamola because of this. Once recorded 4hr of the paralenz doing the "Quad-D" (Dangling D-ring Deco Dance).
But I find the Quad-D happens to me a lot.
Quad-D; like it!

(Not) Pleased to know it's not just me that constantly suffers from this.

Oh and that damn stupid trick where it turns on DCC and everything's magenta. My dives are deep and dark; there's no light except from my lights. Apparently it's a triple-click of the switch.

Maybe the Margarita will be easier to use albeit with that microscopic sized screen.

I guess that is the one thing it has over the Gopro the battery life and recording time is impressive.
Battery life is the Paralenz's real strength; several hours of recording time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom