Isolator valve removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micklock

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to remove my isolator valve and use an independent double set up with some velcro double bands I got, so I can rotate my third tank in just to try it out. My question is, is it too dangerous to remove the isolator valve and install the plugs with the tanks pressurized and what is the torque specs for the plugs. And I heard the best way to empty your tanks is weigh the purge valve down with some coins so it barely leaks. Thanks for any advice.

My question is, is it too dangerous to remove the isolator valve and install the plugs with the tanks pressurized.
Let me know how that works for you.

And I heard the best way to empty your tanks is weigh the purge valve down with some coins so it barely leaks.

LOL, where do people come up with this stuff.

Just open up your tank valve and throw a towel over the valve.

If you remove the isolator with the tanks pressurized, all the air will leak out, and probably trash the o-rings in the process. Closing the valves does not turn off the air to the isolator.

I would just open the valve and use a towel to dampen the noise. If you are worried about condensation inside the tank from adiabatic cooling, you could close the valve when most of the air is gone and wait for it to rewarm to ambient temperatures before draining the dregs. Also note that you'll have to either open the isolator to drain both tanks or open both valves.

Good luck, and if anything bad happens, I'm not responsible. You can balme JeffG!

Right the manifold is always under pressure (Brain fart) should I worry about torque specs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom