Isolated Thunderstorms??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runway1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to Nassau 24th-31st. Weather says 30%-60% chance of "isolated thunderstorms".

Anybody experienced this? Do these come and go or do they come and come again? How do the dive boats react to rain days?

Last edited:
The just come and go....rain doesn't last long. Boats will stay out usually

Do they usually enter the water while raining? Curious because, being a socal diver, rain is an affront to a civilized existence. We almost go into a panic, Marshall Law, deploy National Guard and all. We're thinking of passing legislation to eliminate it all together.

Of course, then we would have to triple water bills to compensate - oh wait - they already did that.

I was wondering the same. I'm going on a blackbeards trip in early June. From what I've heard most storms just pass by. Hope you have a good trip! Pictures and trip report (Including weather) would be nice!

Well we're heading out on Sunday and about to post on the same subject.. Heading out to Andros and mad clouds and T-storms.. I think it will be fine! What can you do any ways..:chicken:

I was wondering the same. I'm going on a blackbeards trip in early June. From what I've heard most storms just pass by. Hope you have a good trip! Pictures and trip report (Including weather) would be nice!

Sure will!

Well we're heading out on Sunday and about to post on the same subject.. Heading out to Andros and mad clouds and T-storms.. I think it will be fine! What can you do any ways..:chicken:

Exactly! Can't worry about what's out of our control. Trip will be awesome!

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep your dry stuff in a dry bag in case one passes over during your dive because it's no fun coming up and wondering why your towel is wet but the sky is sunny :wink:

We were diving in Mexico a few years ago and a water spout passed by but wasn't close to us. I'm thinking "Hey look a freaking TORNADO of water and the boat crew isn't concerned" LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom