Isnt it Ironic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Isnt it rather ironic that it seems as if all Florida divers dive dry? I mean, Florida, isnt that the place people from cold climates go?

And who is all? I've been diving with a number of Florida divers a number of times and never saw any of them dive dry.

I'm in Orlando and I always dive dry, its gotta be really hot to stop me, when it gets warm I just ditch the undergarments and dive dry anyway.

People move/go to Florida to stay warm, so why would it be ironic? :wink:

I do have a hunch that bigger portion of the "goers" ie touristas, excepting cavers, dive wet though, no?

El Orans:
And how would this be related to DIR? :06:

Let me see if I can help by rephrasing the question.

It seems that many of the people who dive caves in Florida dive in drysuits. I think the TLS350 + c400 undergarment used to be mandatory when they did the WKPP dives.

Are drysuits the only "DIR" way to dive?

Adobo:
Let me see if I can help by rephrasing the question.

It seems that many of the people who dive caves in Florida dive in drysuits. I think the TLS350 + c400 undergarment used to be mandatory when they did the WKPP dives.

That is because of the amount of time required in the water. 68-72 degrees is only "warm" when you talk about very short durations. Spend a few hours in the water, and it doesn't stay warm for very long.

Are drysuits the only "DIR" way to dive?

No. You need to have exposure protection that allows your rig to remain balanced as well as suitable for the duration and water temperature of your dive. It is perfectly acceptable to dive wet with single tanks or with aluminum doubles, but when the dives get long or the tanks become steel, a drysuit becomes a necessity to better balance the rig. Steel doubles + wetsuit = bad idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom