Island of Iz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you asking about island Iž in Croatia? (between Dugi otok and Ugljan)

013_Zadar.jpg

Hi hvulin,

Yes! That is the one!

Ever dive Iz?

I dove on Dugi otok, not Iz but if you look at the map I guess that this side facing Dugi otok should be ok to dive if you have a boat...
I'm not sure if there is a dive center on Iz but if there isn't, you'll have a hard time going to dive (unless you pay for a individual diving licence - which is very expensive)...

If you go to dive on Dugi otok we dove with Kornati Diving in Zaglav (this is a small almost invisible DC but nice! there is another in the same place called Diving Kornati which I didn't try but they are the ones visible when you enter the place) - if you try them ask for Eric Seselja - he's the owner (he returned from Canada back home so he has Al cylinders, most others here dive with steel)

Thanks for the information!

I have a buddy that has a home there. I'm hoping to plan a trip sometime soon.

Cheers,

dives on the outer side of dugi otok are beautiful but it's hard to get there (there is no safe place on that side) - if you get a chance try diving from Brbinjscica (beautiful wall on the exit to the left, 3 caves to the right - one is a tunnel with a pool in the middle)

Back
Top Bottom