Islamorada Dive Report 5/24 & 5/25/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepbrew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
While we were down in the Keys, we decided to head to Islamorada for a little diving as well:

Day 1

Dive #1:

Davey Crocker Reef – We dove with Tavernere Dive Crew. We saw several (at least 4) different Nurse Sharks, a few eels, many lobsters, and a wide variety of tropical fish. All in all, it was an easy dive. Nothing too exciting except for the sharks…

Max Depth: 26 ft
TBT: 57 min
Viz: Approx 50 ft.

Dive #2:

Davis Reef – This too was a rather boring reef except for the 10+ ft moray eel we saw. I also got my picture taken with the Buddha statue.

Max Depth: 26 ft.
TBT: 54 min
Viz: Approx 50 ft.

Day 2

Dive #1:

The Eagle – This dive was really cool. We saw Tarpon, Cobia, Barracuda, and many other large fish. We got to go through a few swim-throughs on the ship. The ship is small enough that we got to cover a lot of ground… from bow to stern all down the port side. We also got to play around in the crow’s nest.

Max Depth: 108ft
TBT: 32 mins
Viz: 100ft +

Dive #2:

Victory Reef – Another rather easy/boring dive. We did, however, see many fish, lobsters, and eels.

Max Depth: 82 ft
TBT: 40 mins
Viz: 40ft

We definitely were off the charts when it came to no DECO time limits, so not only did we take long safety stops, but we also sat out of the water for 24 hrs. That sucked!

All in all, the diving in Islamorada was nice, but I enjoyed the Key Largo dives much more. Friday consisted of more Key Largo wrecks and a report will be posted later. I will also get pics up of all of my dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom