Isla Providencia In December/January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacoRocco6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are planning a trip for two weeks to Isla Providencia...thinking about going right after Christmas. Anyone know what the weather/viz/water temperature going to be around this time? Hoping to get in at least 20 dives.

Trying to decide which dive operator to use and where to stay as well. Looking at Felipe's Diving and Sirius Dive Center for a dive op. Any experiences with either one would be appreciated. A Non-Cattle Boat Op that will let us dive our own profiles would be preferred. As far as accommodations go we'd like a hotel under $90/night and as close to dive shop as possible.

Also, does anyone know if there is any transportation between San Andres and the Corn Islands. Been to Little Corn Island many times and would like to make this a two part trip if possible. They're very close together geographically and I'm hoping to find an intrepid boat captain to ferry us from San Andres to Big Corn. Otherwise, it would be a flight to Costa Rica, flight or bus to Managua, and then another flight to Big Corn. Seems sorta ridiculous and I would love to find a quicker & cheaper way.

I don't have my log, but I dove IP last Jan and it was awesome. I went with Felipe and they were hands down the nicest, easiest to get along with guys ever. They picked us up every morning/dropped us off without charging, and knew all the best spots. Alex (aka Fats) is the man. The weather/temp and viz were all awesome, and the sharks are super cool to see. You can also do a fair bit of lionfishing on your own with snorkel gear. They were very trusting and let us do our own thing, although we were all very experienced. Unsure about transportation to corns. Have fun!

I've never heard of a legal way from IP to Little Corn, it's on a major smuggling route. I would doubt an intrepid captain would take you and if so you might end up in a prison or in thrown into the sea for your money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom