Isla Mujerer Aqua Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seger005

Registered
Reaction score
we're staying at the Avalon in a few weeks. Aqua Adventure is on site. has anyone had any experience with them?

My husband and I were just there in Dec 06 and dove for two days with Aqua Adventures. We booked with them even though they were slightly more expensive than other shops because the person working the desk told us that they were only one of a very few dive shops registered with PADI. I didn't check up on that, but thought I would mention it. The first day of diving was outstanding and the service from the shop was good. The second day was good diving (I saw a turtle!), but they sent us out with a young guy as dive master who had NEVER dived the site before that day!!! They apparently hired him off the street the day before. That was very unimpressive I thought, and I believe the guy drifted all of us way off the reef because he didn't really know where he was going. The group sizes and equipment were good.

By the way, there is fun snorkeling right around the Avalon. There is a site on the back side you will find, but the front right side by the rocks is great!

There was a guy on the road to town selling popcorn that we bought every night. It's a great town - enjoy!

what type of boats did they use? We'll definitely try to find the popcorn guy.

The boat was small, but as I recall the rides to the dive sites were short. The crew on the boats were amazingly nice. I hope you can find the popcorn guy - we actually looked for him on our last night because we wanted to give him a tip/gift, and we couldn't find him - we were so disappointed.

I hope you enjoy your visit! Another fun thing to do is rent bikes and ride to the other side of the island to check out the turtle farm. If you do that you can walk a short ways up the beach and have lunch. Enjoy!

Isla79.JPG

Isla84.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom