Is Wilma doing much damage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

between Cancun & Coz? Nope, it's not even that far north yet and is predicted to stay east of there, not cross the Yucatan

Dude..If it went between Cancun and Coz, they would be in a world of hurt!!!
You mean its projected to go between Coz and Cuba?
It is the strongest storm ever recorded.....hope that it stays at sea......

It better, I have a dive trip planned for Nov 5-12. Thank God we have trip insurance.

94GTStang:
I just hope Cozumel stays intact since it looks like it will still get some of Wilma.

I'm not going down there until March next year, but I would hate to see my hotel and all the inhabitants blown away again!

Sorry jbliesath!:zap1: The updated storm path predictions do put Wilma close to your original description. Either very close to Coz's East coast, right on top, in the channel, or making landfall between Tulum and San Felipe, which, dude(I now say to myself)puts them in a world of hurt!:jpshakehe
Check out www.crownweather.com/tropical.html

jbliesath:
Sorry....I realized my error in posting later. I was looking at the proposed path. However, I hear that it will pass east of Coz. When I was down last year, we dove on Chitale Reef. They were holding it together with zip ties!! There is still three weeks for another one....woof.

As of this morning here's what the National Hurricane Center is saying about Wilma:

"COASTAL STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 7-10 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE
LEVELS...ALONG WITH LARGE AND DANGEROUS BATTERING WAVES...CAN BE
EXPECTED NEAR AND TO THE NORTH OF WHERE THE CENTER MAKES LANDFALL ON
THE YUCATAN PENINSULA.

WILMA IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE 10 TO 20 INCHES OF RAIN THROUGH
SATURDAY ACROSS PORTIONS OF WESTERN CUBA AND THE YUCATAN
PENINSULA...WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS OF 40 INCHES POSSIBLE...
PARTICULARY OVER HIGHER TERRAIN IN WESTERN CUBA."

Attached is the latest trajectory map. Looks like the eye is predicted to pass right by Cancun and Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom