Is West Palm Beach good in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thinking about going near the end of April. Is this a good time to go there? Is there a high chance of getting blown out at this time? thanks

WPB is good all year round. The only problem is if the wind is from the east. You might call a couple of charters and get their past history on April diving. Generally, the mid summer is flat and the fall also. But I've dove there in April in 2 to 5 foot swells with little problem. Go early AM and the surface is usually more calm.

Man, I hope spring is kinder to WPB and the east coast than last year. My first boat dive was at that time, which also introduced me to diving during 6-8' waves. Great underwater, not as great above.

April is still a hit or miss. One thing about Florida weather is that if you wait 10 minutes, it's likely to change.

If you do go you have got to hit the 3 wrecks off Singer Island,all 3 are connected by their anchor chains.

Last year was rough. It seemed that every weekend I was in town the wind was 15-20 out of the East!!! GRRRRRRRRRAH! Ended up diving in Malta and the Persian Gulf instead! :)

You haven't heard!?! Florida is closed to New Yorkers until further notice....

What?????? You mean the quota has been reach? :) Oh, Well I guess that means that the wife will have to stay here while I get down there and get wet!!!! :)

gfisher4792:
Man, I hope spring is kinder to WPB and the east coast than last year. My first boat dive was at that time, which also introduced me to diving during 6-8' waves. Great underwater, not as great above.

I'm surprised the boats would even go out with 6'-8' seas. It must have been a bear getting back on the boat. I've done it in 6' seas (unexpected storm) in Largo and we got beat up pretty bad.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom