Is this drysuit too big

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve W.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello SB, wondering if this dry suit is a little big for me. Would appreciate any thoughts. I have my thickest undergarments on but the suit feels a little baggy still.

Attachments

• IMG_4874.jpeg
    IMG_4874.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 72
I think the upper arms look a tad big but thats ok itll give you more movement

Hello SB, wondering if this dry suit is a little big for me. Would appreciate any thoughts. I have my thickest undergarments on but the suit feels a little baggy still.
Looks (to me) to be a bit big, especially in the torso, especially if you're wearing both a polypro (say) underlayer and the thickest underwear you will "ever" wear.

Are you able to reach over your shoulders to manipulate your doubles valves? (That is, do you have room enough in the shoulders?)

Are you able to squat down comfortably? (That is, do you have room enough in the seat, enough leg length, and the correct amount of rise?)

Thanks. I’m use to a bag suit so a trilam feels roomy
I thought "bag suit" refers to trilam suit (as opposed to neoprene suit, vulcanized rubber suit, or crushed/compressed neoprene suit). No?

rx7diver

Looks (to me) to be a bit big, especially in the torso, especially if you're wearing both a polypro (say) underlayer and the thickest underwear you will "ever" wear.

Are you able to reach over your shoulders to manipulate your doubles valves? (That is, do you have room enough in the shoulders?)

Are you able to squat down comfortably? (That is, do you have room enough in the seat, enough leg length, and the correct amount of rise?)

I thought "bag suit" refers to trilam suit (as opposed to neoprene suit, vulcanized rubber suit, or crushed/compressed neoprene suit). No?

rx7diver
I can reach behind comfortably and a good range of motion in the legs. It does feel roomy in the torso even with merino wool undies and a fourth element outerwear. The suit has a just 10-15 dives on it and I can have it for half price. I might have to gain a little weight.

A bag suit drysuit is just an inner waterproof rubberized membrane covered with a spandex like outer shell. Not very durable but are very form fitting and very easy to manage any air bubble. Whites use to make nice bag suits. That’s what I’m diving now.

Looks OK to me. Suit will be tighter when you dive it (minimal gas to take the squeeze off). Some wrinkling will be inevitable with the trilam; the nature of the beast.

I also always heard any trilam referred to as a "bag suit." Occasionally a "trash bag" :wink:

Looks OK to me. Suit will be tighter when you dive it (minimal gas to take the squeeze off). Some wrinkling will be inevitable with the trilam; the nature of the beast.

I also always heard any trilam referred to as a "bag suit." Occasionally a "trash bag" :wink:
I can reach behind comfortably and a good range of motion in the legs. It does feel roomy in the torso even with merino wool undies and a fourth element outerwear. The suit has a just 10-15 dives on it and I can have it for half price. I might have to gain a little weight.

A bag suit drysuit is just an inner waterproof rubberized membrane covered with a spandex like outer shell. Not very durable but are very form fitting and very easy to manage any air bubble. Whites use to make nice bag suits. That’s what I’m diving n

I’m probably calling what I’m wearing now the wrong term. We always called the whites suits bag suits because they feel like a big garbage bag covered with a stretchy outer layer that gives it form. A bit of a pain to get into sometimes because they’re very flimsy and the legs get all twisted inside the stretchy outerwear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom