Is this an issue in La Perguera ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking of going there this January but it seems like diving only happens there when they have a group of 4 to 6? The way they are emphasizing this on their websites tends to imply that rarely do they have this number. Does that mean that if you go there all by yourself, you are totally at the mercy of someone showing up to dive that day?

This is true not just in La Parguera, but in other locations where boat diving is the norm. The boat operator must recover its costs which usually means a minimum of four people. I am going to La Parguera after Christmas with a buddy. So far, we have been able to dive that week for the past five years. There are a few dive shops in La Parguera so if one is not going out, another might be. There are, however, no guarantees. There is a chance you could show up and not go out. I suggest you make a reservation but call the week before to see how things are shaping up.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom