Is this a good price for halcyon BP/Wing ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176 once bubbled...
recently ordered a fredt heavy plate with a custom channel weight and am not sure if a 27lb wing would float it in the water unmanned with my steel tank.
I don't think it will.
I use the AUL heavy plate with heavy STA ( -12lb), PST HP120 (-9.5lb), and Pioneer 45. It is barely neutral in salt water with my Spectrum 12 canister attached.
My friend inflated his 45 and started stacking lead onto it. In fresh water, it went "neutral" at 36 pounds.
Before I went to the AUL plate, I used a 6-pound stainless plate/STA and added 10 pounds of keel weight to it. Barely neutral on the side of sinking without the canister and would sink like a rock with the canister.
In fairness, the keel weights did press against the wing (they were mounted between the plate and wing alongside the tank), reducing it's capacity.

By a guy on E-Bay, but he says he's not a Halcyon dealer.

So now, the question is, how much is a warranty worth?

(Actually, I'm looking at $475, buy I want a 36# setup - I'll be diving a 7mm in cold Canadian water.)

DomRep - PM sent.

Hmmm... maybe if we get a bunch of people interested in buying this underworld Halcyon stuff from him, he'll cut us an even better deal. Anyone else in? :D

Boogie 711 once bubbled...

Hmmm... maybe if we get a bunch of people interested in buying this underworld Halcyon stuff from him, he'll cut us an even better deal. Anyone else in?

I'm interested in a 36#. I found a guy by total accident that has a "complete" 36# Pioneer for $430 plus shipping.

This is copied form the email I got:
The complete system...or BC....consists of the Backplate and harness, Pioneer (or Explorer for doubles) wing, and backplate pad/storage pack. With the Pioneer system you also get 2 tank or sometimes called "cam" straps with Stainless steel buckles.

If anybody wants the email info, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom