Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nips

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have the opportunity to purchase two Pressed Steel HP 80's in hydro till 6/11 (original manufacture 89) for $110 each. Is this a good deal or should I hold out for something a little newer?

Search on the topic of PST or pressed steel tanks I remember reading something about the company going out of business and after a certain point the exemption expired and a hydro won't be possible. Sorry for the vague details.

Scarf them up. As long as they have all the proper stampings and are in hydro they are well worth the money. No one will not hydro them or inspect them. If they are like my steel tanks, which first went in service 25 years before they finally became a flower pot they ended up costing me $4 a year and prefering steel anyway the HP are more costly to begin with.

BUY THEM.

Search on the topic of PST or pressed steel tanks I remember reading something about the company going out of business and after a certain point the exemption expired and a hydro won't be possible. Sorry for the vague details.

PST is out of the scuba business but their exemption is good to 2011 and when it expires it can & will be renewed by someone. So they are likely to be legal and hydro-able for many years to come.

The hp80s in the OP's post have 7/8" valve threading. Those are still available if you needed to replace a valve for soem reason. They are only available in 300 Bar DIN though and you won't be able to put a yoke reg on them. They are a serious pain to O2 clean thru that tiny valve hole.

Price is good/ very competitive for my area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom