Is this a good deal on a Lux AL80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on your dive shop... some will insist on doing a vis, some won't. Either way Scubatoys will be the same price thereabouts as the eBay dude..

Furner:
If i buy from scubatoys, will the vis sticker be vaild? if the tank is shipped without a valve (this is a UPS requirment right?) wont the vis sticker be void? i pretty much expected to pay a vis no matter where i buy from

I'm sorry, but I can't answet that question. The only time I would need a tank is for local diving and I know of a dive shop that rents tanks for $5 no matter how long I have it. With $5 being the price of an airfil,l I just cant' jsutify buying a tank.

I wish i could do it that way. I need a tank for about a week to recover some equipment from a lake up north, and all the shops around here have a "weekly rate" which is the same rate as taking the daily rate multiplied by seven. I would have ended up paying for half the cost of a tank by then, so I might as well buy a tank. That way I can skip the trip to the LDS when I want to go dive (or usually get something off the bottom for someone).

Furner,

The Vis sticker testifies to the fact that the inside of the tank was inspected for crud and obvious flaws. Shipping it without the valve should not contaminate it, since it is wrapped and (usually) has a plug in the opening.

Just stick a valve in it, fill it, and go diving.

That one will need a vis almost immediatly.
Is the free air really free, or is it included in the price of the tank? Nothing is really free

BigJetDriver69:
Furner,

The Vis sticker testifies to the fact that the inside of the tank was inspected for crud and obvious flaws. Shipping it without the valve should not contaminate it, since it is wrapped and (usually) has a plug in the opening.

Just stick a valve in it, fill it, and go diving.
If I had a way to get some pressure in the tank so that it would appear to have been filled previously, that would probably work. BUT, I am guessing that most LDS would insist on a visual if the tank is at ATM. I dont exactly have alot of shops in the area to travel around to until I found one that will fill the tank without a vis in their shop

Furner:
If I had a way to get some pressure in the tank so that it would appear to have been filled previously, that would probably work. BUT, I am guessing that most LDS would insist on a visual if the tank is at ATM. I dont exactly have alot of shops in the area to travel around to until I found one that will fill the tank without a vis in their shop
Step A: Find a dive buddy with dive 'stuff'.

Step B: Borrow buddy's crossover whip.

Step C: Steal 300psi off somebody's tank (the dive buddy could be a prime candidate).

Step D: Take to dive shop, keep thy mouth shut, leave with full tank.

Back
Top Bottom