Is this a Calypso 1st stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As per title, is this reg any good? First and second stage? It's going for $8. Was just wondering if it was worth picking up or not. Cheers.
IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2215.JPG

Looks like a conshelf to me.

For $8 Id grab it.

Last edited:
The first stage isn't a Conshelf or a Calypso. I don't know what it is.

2nd stage looks much newer, last 15 years, not something that would have been used with a Conshelf or Calypso

The Japanese don't generally mix and match, they buy sets as dealers don't sell individual stages. If the second stage is newer then more than likely the first stage is also. I've never seen a Conshelf with ribs/fins which makes me believe it's an earlier late (oxymoron) calypso just wanted to be sure.

For the First stage try an old Tusa or Tabata

Second stage box top says US Divers SEA 4 but the exhaust deflector is missing so who knows whats behind the box top and badge

Intermediate hose looks off and old Scubapro R190

No way near a Calypso (even a prototype)

Frankly its a mix of old scrap junk

Even if you don't want to breathe out of it it might still be good for filling tires or spraying paint.

I have a couple of old Calypsos and they only have one HP and one LP port. I think they made some later Calypsos but I'm not sure when they stopped.

I have a later Calypso VI with 1 HP and 3 LP ports on a swivel. I think it is from around 1974?

Back
Top Bottom