is there good place to dive in cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meterman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my family and are going to cancun this summer and i want to dive while im there.im looking for a nice place to stay for the kids & family and i want to be able to dive aswel. any suggestions? thanks

Hi There meterman,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and Safe Diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Aquaworld, big, slick, quick and professional with a huuge variety of options.

Manta, Solo buceo and scuba cancun: smaller a little more personal perhaps, older open boats, probably more flexible scheduling.

It's easy to hop a taxi to any of the dive shops from any of the Cancun resorts, and some dive shops run a pickup service. As for a good place to stay, you should check out the Royal Resorts group of hotels. 5 different hotels. We had a nice stay in the Royal Sands, and it has a nice beach, but my wife appreciated being able to drop into another Royal property, VCI/Club International, that had a beach on the more protected side.

Cancun diving is definitely worth doing, even though Cozumel has much more impressive coral formations. Cancun wouldn't be my destination for a dive vacation, but it's a great place to take non-divers and also be able to do some nice diving.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

I have never been to Cancun, only Cozumel a few times, but you should find plenty to read in our Mexico forum

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Cancun is great diving- and not as appreciated as it should be! The dives are not deep, they are very relaxing and there is an abundance of life on the reefs! The coral is not as amazing as Coz, but the sealife is awesome (better).

Dive with Nautilus-Octavio Perez. He is a very attentive, experienced diver and will ensure that your dives are safe as well as enjoyable. They are located at Villas Tacul in the hotel zone. Easy to get to by taxi from anywhere. They take small groups and, as for being on time....no one is on "time" in Mexico. Have you heard of "Mexican time"?

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom