Is there cave diving on the West Coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vitaly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm curious if there are cave diving opportunities that can be reached by car from California?

There's Ricks Spring in northern Utah. I haven't dived it and I don't know much about it, but I've thought about reaching out to Wendell Nope for more information...

There are caves, but the good ones are closed off by the fun sucking governments to “protect” you from yourself

Florida can be reached by car from California.
Every time I plan to go to Florida, I check how far to go. And every time I see 40 hours I choose to fly :)

LA to the Gainesville, FL area is 36 hours. I've done the drive many times through the decades. You pick your schedule. Three 12 hour days, or five 7 hour days, etc. Mostly just two interstates. You can hurry out and slow drive it back with family who fly in for the road trip back. Camping, sight-seeing, etc.

LA to the Gainesville, FL area is 36 hours. I've done the drive many times through the decades. You pick your schedule. Three 12 hour days, or five 7 hour days, etc. Mostly just two interstates. You can hurry out and slow drive it back with family who fly in for the road trip back. Camping, sight-seeing, etc.
I live in SF Bay Area so it's 40 hours for me. I wish I have so much free time. I'm looking for weekend/long weekend options.

I'm curious if there are cave diving opportunities that can be reached by car from California?
Look, I saw Mike Nelson in several caves, rescuing kids, finding treasure and such. Also saw hi in a few big storm drains that were cave like, even rescued Mr. Spock from one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom