is there anybody used ARCHON D100W a 10,000 lumens underwater photo light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pandorax

New
Reaction score
see here ARCHON
D100W mounting.jpg

I would imagine that anyone who previously used a Triton Longwang light, or its Xeccon clone would've had similar experiences...

Triton Lights:

dsc0106wu.jpg

(Photo from CPF)

Archon lights:

Screenshot2012-06-06at85529PM.jpg

A discussion of both lights (initially the Triton then the Archon) can be seen in this external thread. LINK.

Yes I just bought one and used it in Cozumel. It is incredible! On a night dive I was drifting along about 10 feet above the bottom. On full power it simply lights up the bottom. I looked over my shoulder and there was eight other divers hovering around me using my light. At medium setting (5,000 lumens) it's a phenomenal video light. Bright white light. No hot spot and 120 degrees of coverage. I thought my Ikelite Pro Video 100 watt light was bright but doesn't hold a candle (no pun intended) to this 10,000 lumen beast.

---------- Post added June 20th, 2013 at 10:31 AM ----------

I have one of these lights. Incredible!! My dive buddy has one too. Unfortunately his light got turned on while it was in its carrying case. The polycarbonate lens melted some of the foam padding into the lens. I know an experienced Acrylic polisher and it was his opinion that the lens melted into itself a little and even if he polished off the foam it probably wouldn't be repaired. He suggested replacing it. So we're looking for a replacement lens. Also, I'd like to be able to buy some more O-rings as these will eventually stretch or tear. Anybody out there know where I can get replacement parts??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom