Is there any LED strobes that are bright enough as marker light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are talking about visible distances
in air

Pay the hoodlums to look after your truck
and hold the strobe

Quoted on the site as in water:

Highly visible strobe Up to 5km in water​

I am going to drop one on top of the titanic and see if I can still see it. :D

crap, the xenec sl-15 on ebay is no more. Gotta get the Aqua Strobe.

Hi, Lwang. The LED-type "strobes" are not nearly as bright as true xenon-tube strobes. Look here for the same product (apparently) as the Xenec, with a different brand name, Divex, and a lower price:

Amazon.com: Divemaster Strobe Light: Sports & Outdoors

Based on the photos, I think this is the same strobe that Trident also sells as the DL05 at wholesale to dive stores and online merchants. I've dived identical-looking strobes and had pretty good luck with them in terms of durability. Sooner or later they usually flood, but often last for hundreds of dives and they're cheap enough to replace. If you don't want to buy yours from Amazon, do a search for "divemaster strobe" or "DL05 strobe" and you'll come up with some other options, or just ask your local dive store to order product #DL05 from Trident. It'll cost you about $40 retail.

Good luck and may you never need to use your emergency strobe (but have it along on every dive, just in case)!

I ordered a Xenec SL-15 on ebay, the guy, after a couple of days, said he didn't have it anymore. Then ordered a strobe ACR Firefly with a little flashlight on the other end, it got stuck in the shipper's post office for a week (at least according to USPS tracking, and only moved to the main post office after I send an email, so who knows what really happened) and that might not arrive in time for my trip. So I might just have to get a Princeton Tec Aqua Strobe just in case.

Back
Top Bottom