Is there any diving in South Padre Isl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gussys

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I will be on South Padre Island the end of July and was hoping I might find some place to dive while I'm down there. Any one been down there and done any diving? I would be happy to find some shore diving if nothing else. Oh, this will be my first time in the ocean. Where I usually dive I have vis around 1-6 ft, and usually only until my students hit the bottom, then it's a silt storm .

You might want to check out www.divesouthpadre.com They're the only ones I know of that are down there, but I've never dove with them.

let us know if you do dive... I'd be interested in going down there some time to dive...

Dove this past Saturday with American Diving. Good operation. Seas were 2-3 going out and 3-4 coming back. Very safety conscious.

leiserom:
Dove this past Saturday with American Diving. Good operation. Seas were 2-3 going out and 3-4 coming back. Very safety conscious.

I just gave them a call and they booked me for a thursday dive to the Wreck of the Deep 6. They told me that vis is around 25-50ft and temp was around the 80s. For a muck diver diving in 65-68deg and 2-10ft vis I think i will like this dive. Im not sure ill need much more than a dive skin.

thanks for the help everyone

One of the dives I did Saturday was on the Deep 6. Vis was about 50'. All ascents/descents were on lines as this is out in the open gulf. I would wear gloves. Wreck in pretty good shape.

Have fun

Tell us about the Deep 6, leisurom? Pleeeez? How deep, fish, etc? 50' vis sounds sweet.

Foo

yes please tell!!! we are alllllll ears!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom