Is there an underwater camera housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzscubie

Contributor
Reaction score
Back in El Paso, Texas with my Buddy (wife)
Hi everyone,

I need some help. I’ve been trying to see if anyone makes an underwater housing for the Panasonic DMC-FX8 digital camera. So far it seems I’m out of luck and I have not been able to find if one even exist. Does anyone know if there is a housing that might be compatible with this camera?

Thanks,
Shawn

Digideep doesn't show one - except for the ewa-marine bag which is good to around 30' afaik.

Thanks Steve, that’s what I thought. I searched the web and could not find one. I was hoping someone knew of a housing that was made for a different camera that might work or be adapted for my Panasonic. Hey, can't blame a guy for trying.

Shawn

There is a housing for the DMC-FX10, which is identical size and similar configuration. It may not be a perfect fit. You might have a button you can't get to or something, but it may be adaptable. You might check it out and see if you can use it. I doubt you'll find one locally, so you may have to find an internet store with a friendly return policy. I think it also fits the FX7.

Thanks Larry C. and sjapect for your responses. I found a photography company called Helix Camera & Video in Chicago, IL that carries a housing for the the FX01,03,07, 10 and 12. Now this does not specify my FX08 but I checked the stats for the 07 and 10 and the size is almost exact and the controls are located in the exact same place so I believe it will fit. The housing is only $200 so I think I'm going to give it a shot. I check last night and the strobe from my Aquashot three will fire off my FX-08's flash so I'm going to try to intergrate the strobe with the housing. I'll keep you updated as I go along. Thanks again for the help.

Shawn

Back
Top Bottom