Is there a problem with Sherwood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badmrchris:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=150175

Lost the number that I had for Sherwood/Cramer Decker/Whatever their name is this week. 2 more e-mails sent from their website and nothing. I like their products but their custoemr service is akin to something one scrapes off the bottom of their shoe.

I've spoke to a few people in my area who are displeased with Sherwood. Whatever Sherwoods issue is, they had better shape up or risk losing more customers. I know I'll never purchase Sherwood again...

I'm very pleased with their customer service. I've sent questions to them several times and they have responded within 24 hrs. each time.

You might want to stop by Cramer Decker. They're located in Santa Ana. Heck, just call them! It's a local call for you. :lol:

Sherwood, Genesis, and Akona are all run by the same company.
DiveRite is NOT involved with Sherwood or any of the aforementioned companies in any way, shape, or form.
Sherwood and the other companies mainly make recreational equipment whereas DiveRite was started by a gentleman named Lamar Hires (that's why you see "LamarTek dba DiveRite" :wink: ) to mainly serve cave divers.

To be honest, your problem might not be with Sherwood. It depends on how your LDS gets their equipment and how Sherwood handles warranty work. If Sherwood mails out new stuff directly then this is Sherwood's fault. If your new mask should come from a distributor then it's the distributor's fault. When I worked at a LDS last summer our Sherwood/Genesis/Akona and Luxfer distributor was Peter Skop Industries, or PSI. We never had any issues with them shipping stuff slowly. In fact whenever we ordered anything it usually arrived within 24-36 hours of the initial order.

I hope this clears up a few things...:)

My appologies on my confusion.. apparently I've overheard a few too many phone orders being placed in the LDS who happens to sell each entity you listed SparticleBrane..

Take care,
Scott

No need to apologize...I just wanted to clarify that because I thought that DiveRite might be offended. :wink: :D j/k, j/k...

Not into Sherwood anymore, although my first reg was Oasis and BC was a Sherwood Genesis, both 1989. Never had any issues and still have a couple of Sherwood masks around from '80's-'90's.

I do know that over the last several years, several dive shops dropped the Sherwood line due to changes Sherwood made in their warranties. The ds owners were concerned with customers not getting products that are warranted adequately.

I'm not up to speed with the particulars, but that's what I was told by shop owners.

The problem may or may not be Sherwood. It seems to me that your new DS might not be making your warranty claim a priority. Punishment for not buying from them in the first place?

It could also be that they're pissed that you're just not buying a new mask. Dive shops make a large profit off of masks...buy them for $12-$15, sell for $65. :)

Even_Stephen:
The problem may or may not be Sherwood. It seems to me that your new DS might not be making your warranty claim a priority. Punishment for not buying from them in the first place?
I called again today to get the particulars on the status of Sherwood as the ds sees it.
They said today that they feel the main problem is that the branch which was stationed in New Jersey has moved to California and is in a transition .
While I had them on the phone I also asked if the mask had come in. They said that as a matter of fact/coincidence it was sent to another of their stores and I should have it in hand tomorrow.
In response to whether or not it was "payback" for not having purchased it from them origionally, I don't think so. I have purchased several items from them prior to the other ds closing such as regs and suits and have established a good rapore with them. I have also initiated my aow with them, but I do understand what you are saying.
So anyways, the mask is sitting at another store and I should have it tomorrow, but it still took over six weeks.
I also e-mailed Sherwood to express a concern. A prompt response would go a long ways.

Just a thought why didn't your new ds just front you the mask and they handle their Sherwood rep.? I too have mostly Sherwood gear, sorry to hear of your problem.

gtwtdvr:
Just a thought why didn't your new ds just front you the mask and they handle their Sherwood rep.? I too have mostly Sherwood gear, sorry to hear of your problem.
They sell quite a variety of Sherwood gear but they don't sell Sherwood masks.
The good thing is that I received my replacement mask today! I did have to pay a 15.00 "shipping charge" though.
Good luck with your gear!
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom