Is there a problem with Sherwood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

costi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't intend this post as a bash to any company....neither my ds or Sherwood, I just have a simple question: Is ther a problem lately with Sherwood's service?
The reason that I ask is this: First, understand that my origional ds closed so I have changed shops.
About six weeks ago I went into my new ds with a problem Sherwood mask that I had purchased from the other shop that closed. Upon examining it, they agreed that it definately was defective and they would (since they are Sherwood dealers), take the proper steps to provide me with a replacement mask. They were origionally going to return it to the company but, after speaking with the rep from Sherwood, they said that the new policy is to e-mail them a picture which sounds good to me since there is no shipping fee involved. A week or so later I asked the ds how progress was going and their response was that they had not had any response to the e-mail picure/request. Being the patient person that I am (not but working at it), I waited another week and asked the same question. This time they said that a replacement mask was in the mail. The first of last week I called again and spoke to the owner of the ds. She said that she had personally contacted Sherwood and that the replacement mask had never been sent but after her conversation with the rep, now it has and the new mask should be in their hand midweek. I went in to get a tank fill this week and of course the mask had not arrived. and will check on it again this week.
I told the shop that this didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Sherwood and am a little concerned since most of my settup is Sherwood.
They said that Sherwood was in the process of moving its operation and I believe they said "merging with another company" .
Most of my equipment is a little over a year old and I haven't experienced any problems with it other than the mask so I don't have any base to compare their normal service to....which I understood when I chose Sherwood was supposed to be excellent.
So.......has anyone experienced a service problem with them lately..and how do you folks think I should be handling the issue? BTW....I did purchase a new primary mask by Cressi but was quite fond of the Sherwood Magnum.
Thanks in advance for the input.
Bob

From what I understand from what my LDS told me is that Sherwood and Genesis have merged. Once again they are all part of the same team.

Not positive.. and sorry if I am incorrect.. but I was under the impression that Sherwood, Genesis AND Diverite were all under the same top level ownership...... not saying it is a good nor a bad thing... Almost all of my equipment is Diverite..

I dunno. I thought they already had an ownership relationship. Just like Oceanic and Aeris are owned by the same folks.

I didn't know that Dive Rite was involved in Sherwood/Genesis ownership though...

Funny how there is only about 4 or 5 real scuba manufacturer. Also with sherwood I have not heard anything bad about their CS.

What it could be and I dont know this for sure but have seen it happen, is that Sherwood and Genesis are already owned by the same people,but run independently.What may have happened is that everything may have been brought under 1 roof so to speak in that the mid level management was consolodated under one roof and responsibilities changed.I had heard within the last few months though that Genesis and Sherwood were one in the same.You may have had the misfortune to have an issue during a bldg move.I am curious though as most of my equipment is sherwwod also.

truck1:
What it could be and I dont know this for sure but have seen it happen, is that Sherwood and Genesis are already owned by the same people,but run independently.What may have happened is that everything may have been brought under 1 roof so to speak in that the mid level management was consolodated under one roof and responsibilities changed.I had heard within the last few months though that Genesis and Sherwood were one in the same.You may have had the misfortune to have an issue during a bldg move.I am curious though as most of my equipment is sherwwod also.
I'll get the info from the shop and get back to you. I'm confused at this point....as they didn't mention Genesis.
The big question is, "Where's my mask?"
Bob

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=150175

Lost the number that I had for Sherwood/Cramer Decker/Whatever their name is this week. 2 more e-mails sent from their website and nothing. I like their products but their custoemr service is akin to something one scrapes off the bottom of their shoe.

I've spoke to a few people in my area who are displeased with Sherwood. Whatever Sherwoods issue is, they had better shape up or risk losing more customers. I know I'll never purchase Sherwood again...

badmrchris:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=150175

Lost the number that I had for Sherwood/Cramer Decker/Whatever their name is this week. 2 more e-mails sent from their website and nothing. I like their products but their custoemr service is akin to something one scrapes off the bottom of their shoe.

I've spoke to a few people in my area who are displeased with Sherwood. Whatever Sherwoods issue is, they had better shape up or risk losing more customers. I know I'll never purchase Sherwood again...
Sorry to read your post. I was hoping my "simple mask problem" was an isolated incident. It doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling hearing of others having the same types of problems.
I'm curious if there are any Sherwood representatives that read Scubaboard.......hmm.
On the other hand. If there is indeed a problem internally, I wish them the best of luck sorting it out. I also dive the Sherwood Blizzard reg and the Avid bc...along with console...and knock on wood, I have no problem with them thus far.
The mask thing isn't a huge money thing...yes, the 55.00 or so that I spent for it came hard, as did the money for my new mask(not Sherwood). If the problem with the mask was "unsure" as to whether it failed due to my negligence or misuse I would understand, but when the rep and my ds both agreed with me that this was indeed a
manufacturer's defect and they will replace it...then do it! What if it was my bc or reg that had the problem?! That would have ruined my entire summer!
It is simply the principle of the thing..the customer deserves service....or this customer changes brands.
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom