Is there a dentist in the house?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pvs.A Diving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

Is there a dentist diver on Scubaboard? I have a question for them. Last week I had a wisdom tooth removed the good old pliers and grunting method. The roots had penetrated my sinus cavity and as a result I now have a penetrated sinus through to the socket where the wisdom tooth used to be. Now I am a healthy fit 40 year old, the socket is healthy with no infection and is healing well. However, the dentist has informed me that it could take two to three months to fully heal. My question is...when is it safe for me to get back in the water? I am on anitbiotics and eating carefully to protect it from infection but how long and is there any special considerations after it has healed?

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

AlfredT

Yes, we do have at least one dentist. Send a PM to LAURENCE STEIN DDS. You might want to do a search restricted to his posts first, though, since he's probably covered this before. And you might want to ask a moderator to move your question to the Medical Forum, rather than the fitness forum, where you'll be more likely to get the attention of a dentist or doctor, rather than a trainer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom