Is there a combined Nitrox & Carbon Monoxide analyzer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axop

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I try to find a combined Nitrox & Carbon Monoxide analyzer.
Talked to a manuf. at the DEMA and they told me they are working on one.
Is there really no combined tester on the market ?

Mine is combined in the box!

One simple connection and I can test for two things at once. I found the O2 analyzer on Craigslist for $15 with another one too. Although I also have two more O2 analyzers in the garage, and already had the BC connection, and one cap. The other cap came with my CO analyzer.
attachment.php

No there is not. And there probably won't be for a while. Many of the divers that will be in the market for a CO analyzer probably already have an O2 analyzer. So there probably won't be a big market for a combined unit. They use different sensors anyway so not sure what the point is. It's easy enough to quickly run through all of your cylinders with a CO analyzer since the CO analyzer doesn't need much gas to register a reading (I've found a few positives and it was quick). An O2 analyzer takes more time. There's not a CO analyzer on the market for less than $200. You won't find a combined one for less than $500 when it is released.

No there is not. And there probably won't be for a while. Many of the divers that will be in the market for a CO analyzer probably already have an O2 analyzer. So there probably won't be a big market for a combined unit. They use different sensors anyway so not sure what the point is. It's easy enough to quickly run through all of your cylinders with a CO analyzer since the CO analyzer doesn't need much gas to register a reading (I've found a few positives and it was quick). An O2 analyzer takes more time. There's not a CO analyzer on the market for less than $200. You won't find a combined one for less than $500 when it is released.

Noted...but I'd be interested in a combined tester, although a $500 price point would be significant deterrent. People who dive in the less reliable faraway places might be tempted to make the investment too.

Thank you all for your help and input.
anyone any experience with the Ensorcon insta-gator referred to ? Seems to be a great value.

Noted...but I'd be interested in a combined tester, although a $500 price point would be significant deterrent. People who dive in the less reliable faraway places might be tempted to make the investment too.

The issue is you won't find a combined unit for less. The sensors and electronics are the costliest items in analyzers and each has its own. So take a $300 O2 analyzer and combine it with a $300 CO analyzer and you might save $100.

although a $500 price point would be significant deterrent.
I have more than that invested into my CO analyzer alone! Remember you need a test gas to confirm calibration every so often. Mine can also control my compressor in the event it has a high CO reading, which is why I wanted the Nuvair unit.

Other than El Cheapo, most O2 analyzers are around $200. The one I bought for $15 sells for over $400 as it is medical grade...LOL All the sensors are pretty much the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom