Is there a cheap reliable airline in Central America to hop around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

Does any one know of a cheap, pretty safe airline in central america similar to airasia in SE Asia to hop from one location to another? I'll be in the bay islands of honduras for a month and am thinking of jumping over to Nicaguara or maybe Belize.

Thanks

TACA goes both places from SAP (San Pedro Sula)

ATA is the local airline and they do a good job!

TACA is caca (****) they don't always put your luggage on the plane & lose it.

Check out Atlantic or Islena, or contact Alice at World Wide Travel or Morgans Travel both on Utila. There is a third airline SoSA but I think has been renamed and I can't find the link.

Atlantic Airlines International. - Donde Volar Es Un Placer

Honduras Airline, Domestic Flights ? Islena REGIONAL Airlines

World Wide Travel - Utila, The Bay Islands, Honduras

Morgans Travel Agency- Utila, The Bay Islands, Honduras

TACA goes both places from SAP (San Pedro Sula)
I wouldn't call them reliable. My luggages were delayed on the way in to Honduras for a few hours. I had to make numerous phone calls to known where they were as they were very unorganised (from one phone call to another, they were arrived, already sent, soon to be sent, etc.). It took them 4 days to give them back. They never called to keep me posted. I finally got them without any accompanying papers, and without signing anything
= > one of them was suspiciously disappeared and recovered by the driver from the airport to delivery place in Utila
=> I didn't got insurance reimbursement because I hadn't any papers proving the 4 days delay.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call them reliable. My luggages were delayed on the way in to Honduras for a few hours. I had to make numerous phone calls to known were they were as they were very unorganised (from one phone call to another, they were arrived, already sent, soon to be sent, etc). It took them 4 days to give them back. They never called to keep me posted. I finally got them without any accompanying papers, and without signing anything
= > one of them was suspiciously disappeared and recovered by the driver from the airport to delivery place in Utila
=> I didn't got insurance reimbursement because I hadn't any papers proving the 4 days delay.

Sounds aweful, sorry but thanks for the tip!

Been on TACA a number of times and always an adventure! The folks at ATA really do a great job! Here is one story about flying from Roatan to Belize that you might find interesting? Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

P8250101.JPG

Thanks - This plane looks ALOT better than some I've been on ;-)!

P8250101.JPG
[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom