Is there a Brussels, TX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well, if there wasn't until yesterday, there is one now!

I had a wonderful time last night with a gentleman called Larry:wink:

This public announcement is all for you, my dear friend!

Thanks so much for the company, I sincerely hope it'll only be the first in a long series!

And thank you for letting me in on the Texas Swamp Diving Team, do I really deserve it?:D

There is a Paris, Athens, Rome, Moscow, Palestine as well as a Gun barrell city, Cut and Shoot and a Muleshoe, but alas no Brussels.

Welcome again to our first honorary member on the other side of the pond.

Glad yall had fun.

TwoBit

Don't forget Italy, Liverpool, New London, Edinburg, Dublin, Odessa...

We have a Brussels in Illinois and Wisconsin... but not Texas. At least not yet. When the Texicans figure out Wisconsin has somethin' they don't... they'll create one!
Rick :)

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
There is a...as well as a Gun barrell city

If anyone was wondering :) , when you enter the rather small town of Gun Barrel City, TX, you are greeted by a sign that indicates you are entering the town. The "tagline", so to speak, of the town is "we shoot straight with you"...gotta love TX.

And no...I'm not making this up...I spent every summer of my youth at our lakehouse on Cedar Creek in Seven Points...can't get to Seven Points from Dallas w/o going through Gun Barrel.

Matt

Chiara:
How about some of the juicy details of your meeting with this 'gentleman named Larry'.
Hehehe
PS I'm married to a Texan so I know what charmers they are.

Yes, he is a charmer, although this is my very first experience with Texans (if you don't count Larry Hagman & Co. 20 years ago :mean: )

Good food, medium red wine, a good, hefty scuba conversation, there are so many differences between what you usually experience in the US and what we have around here!

Welcome to the Swampers, Chiara....and say hello to the Atomium for me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom