Is there a "best"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed that Aruba wasn't mentioned at all. Anyone have experience there? How was the diving?

Tuckster:
May want to consider other variables such as how long the boat dives are from where you're staying. I loved Belize however the best sites were a long (1 hr or more) boat ride !!! I've heard Bonaire has most dive sites within a 5 or 10 minute boat ride.

My friend went to Bonaire this past fall. She said the main reason to go there is the shore diving, they had a great time. Seems you load up your things and drive the shore until you see the dive sites, pick as you go, get out and dive. Sounds nice for the person who likes to keep their own schedule, and don't enjoy having to meet an early morning dive boat.

One thing's for sure, I don't see how you could not be satisfied with any of the above mentioned sites. Don't stress too much about picking the "perfectest" place to dive. I can almost guarantee you that you will LOVE diving whereever you go! Blue Water Fever (BWF) will attack you for the rest of the days of your life. Have a blast!

Foo

I'd say the best are #6 Grand Cayman, #5 Bonaire,#4 Cayman Brac, #3 Coz, #2Turks & Caicos, and..... #1 Little Cayman
That's my list for the Carribean so far, although I've been also to Aruba, the U.S. VI., and several of the Bahama Islands, these may be in the top ten but I haven't yet been to Saba, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, or Dominica or Tobago which all should be in consideration.

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

I performed my check out dive with just my scuba instructor in Cozumel.
There is a dive operation in Cozumel called something like Blue XT Sea. The owner is from the U.S. and she does a great job communicating through e-mail. She will pick you up from your hotel - really hassle free. I think her name is Christy. The boats go out with 6 divers or less. This is the most important thing for beginners -- for safety and fun. Small groups are the best. Plan your dives with small dive boats. Cozumel has excellent shore diving locations and excellent boat dives. In addition, some of the most colorful diving in Cozumel is in less than twenty feet of water. Water temperature is nice. 2 mil suit is all that's needed. no dangerous sharks. you'll be lucky to see a nurse shark.

Back
Top Bottom