is the ocean good for your skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salt is a natural purifier, and water is the essence of pretty much everything.

Add the hyperbaric therapy we get during the dive, and you might never want to surface again!

theskull

Dunno, but being barefoot on the beach sure is good for your skin. My tootsies are soft and well exfoliated. :D

For those of us cursed with skin conditions such as eczema the ocean is a great healer. Stings like crazy when the salt hits open sores but does it the world of good. I could never swim in pools when I was younger as it would set my skin off something fierce, but my mum would take me to the beach and force me to get in no matter how bad it hurt. Tough love.

i heard ocean water was goood for your skin? is that true?

A lot of that depends on where in which ocean you take your plunge... The gulf of mexico in 2010 wasn't such a great place to swim a while ago...(BP oil spill)
Brittany's coast in 1978 wasn't great either ( Amoco Cadiz)
Prince William Sound 1989 ( Exxon Valdez)
to name a few

otherwise, I have crappy skin that clears up pretty good when I 'm in the sun and the sea. But that would depend on the skin as well i'm sure

I don't think you will get a definitive answer here :)

I have found being in the ocean good for my overall well being, and it sure seems to make little boo boos heal faster.

I don’t think it is good for skin because it will make our dry skin and ocean water has so many germs and bacteria which will cause health problems.

The ocean has a lot less germs than any public swimming pool or stagnant freshwater body. As for it drying out your skin - moisturizer is a good solution.

Salt sterilises and can help especially oily skin. However repeated exposure to the sea, (plus the normally associated sun and wind) will dry and age the skin something crazy.

So a little is good, a lot is bad. Like so many things in life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom