Is the Hog second stage oxygen clean/ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serpentara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to buy a reg for a deco bottle. Hog says on their website that the various first stages are O2 compatible to 100% at 2400 psi and 80% at 3600 (I am guessing 100% at 3000, will work as well, and it's just a matter of storage regulations) but nowhere on their site do they say that their second stages come O2 ready. Does anyone know?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

They come with viton orings. Second stages are not exposed to a high enough pressure that oxygen could become a problem anyhow.
I am looking to buy a reg for a deco bottle. Hog says on their website that the various first stages are O2 compatible to 100% at 2400 psi and 80% at 3600 (I am guessing 100% at 3000, will work as well, and it's just a matter of storage regulations) but nowhere on their site do they say that their second stages come O2 ready. Does anyone know?

That is what I am looking for, thank you for the reply. Can you confirm my suspicions re the 100% @ 2400 psi limitation?

That is what I am looking for, thank you for the reply. Can you confirm my suspicions re the 100% @ 2400 psi limitation?

Yes 2400 is fine.

I meant can it actually be used at 3000 psi? Is the 2400 limitation just a matter of storage laws for O2 pressures in cylinders?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom