Is the Dive housing worth buying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently contacted GoPro because I have the Hero 3+ with the LCD BacPac and the Battery BacPac. If you contact them and let them know you are looking to use the case with it, they will ship a dive housing skeleton to you, free of charge.

That being said, they are phasing out the old housings and said that they have the BacPac housings coming out for the Hero 3+ housing but not yet available to everyone due to such a high demand for the product.

I simply had to give them the serial numbers on my camera and the LCD BacPac for proof that I had both of these products. It took a total of about 10 minutes on the phone with GoPro and they were very polite about it.

It took about 5 total days to get the housing at the front door of my house and works great so far. This was about 1 month ago, roughly 03/12/2014. I know the new BacPac housings are going to be about $10. Just sucks that I am going to be ordering the SRP adapter for that case also so I can have both of them if needed.

I'm a little confused reading this, maybe I'm just slow. So if I buy the LCD Touch BacPac the standard door is waterproof to 40m? That's what I'm taking away from this, but even the manual downloaded from the website isn't exactly clear on the issue.

I'm a little confused reading this, maybe I'm just slow. So if I buy the LCD Touch BacPac the standard door is waterproof to 40m? That's what I'm taking away from this, but even the manual downloaded from the website isn't exactly clear on the issue.
It all comes down to the age of the stock on hand at the retailer. If they have the older ALCDB-301 through ALCDB-303 packages, it will come with the older 60m doors. If they have the newer ALCDB-304 package it will come with the newer, smaller 40m door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom