Is the Cost of Vintage Gear Rising?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I for one have been waiting for all the brilliant Ideas to come about, I do need to send my DA to VDH for a new transformation. Also I have to say for spearfishing with the bubbles behind gives not such a close noise or visual of bubbles when coming upon target.

So as this has been in the past, and in other countries do have DH instruction, when is there going to be an Official DH cert Class, although being a DIY DH diver keeps it an interesting way to dive.

We, the vintage community, have talked about a DH cert before but being a rather independent bunch it does not go too far. Unless it becomes a major trend, which I doubt, I don't see anyone teaching it. Mentoring is going to be the most likely way the training gets passed around.

I don't spearfish but I do spend a fair amount of time with a camera and fish do seem to be less skiddish when I have the DH on.

I for one have mixed feelings about DH becoming "popular" again. I know it would be good for sales but like side mount or solo diving, it will then have "official" education that everyone will insist you need and those who have been diving this way all along will be told they are now doing it wrong.
I kinda like that mostly no one has a clue what I'm doing. There is a high degree of freedom in it if you don't dive off boats or in privately owned quarries :)

That course has been around for a while. I find it interesting that he spends as much time talking about non double hose specific items (rdp, narcosis,emergency procudures), all of which should be covered in OW, as he does about DHs in general. Why does it take 4 hrs to plan and execute a DH dive? There is nothing I can think of that is different from a dive planning perspective. And at the same time, it appears the discussion on proper use of a DH reg is 1 hr.

I see they require a BCD or similar bouyancy devise. As the old saying goes, "if you don't know what your doing, teach it." LOL

I'm gonna start working on a clorox bottle bcd specialty along with a make a bc from plywood and old army belts to hold converted co2 fire extinguishers cert. Maybe I'll even offer an e card for it for an extra $50.00

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

"I'm gonna start working on a clorox bottle bcd specialty along with a make a bc from plywood and old army belts..."

Already on it but I have to say, not getting rich (yet).

robosock006.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom