Is Okinawa Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the long gap in response and thanks for all the info. We've decided to spend 1 week in Okinawa, but almost entirely on Zamami. And a couple of days in Naha. My wife who can is Japanese found a hotel & dive shop on Zamami that can speak enough English and is OK with me. I'm going to try [really hard] to check out the whale shark dive while on the main island, but not sure if I'll have time. Thanks again for your help. After the trip I'll write a trip report for other potential Scubaboarder's considering Japan.

Polyester1970,

You are very welcome. I am sure your wife since she is Japanese, will take good care of you and your family. My wife and I (she is white from Ohio, USA) spent 10 days touring the southern islands of Yonaguni, Ishagaki, and Iromote. Neither of us speak but a couple of words of Japanese yet we were getting around better than many of the main land Japanese. If you need any thing while you are here in Okinawa, send me a PM. I might be able to take you on a night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom