Is mares the new dacor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.:
I'm so freaking mad at Ford I can't stand it. I tried to get parts for my Stanley Steamer and they discontinued making the part I needed.

Companies can only support older stuff for so long. So if someone is getting upset about parts for an antique, upgrade or make the parts yourself.

Gary D.
I'll be nice and won't get envolved in bashing Dacor for not honoring their written "lifetime" warranty this time. I did use the Mares/Dacor trade in program and received two nice Mares Abyss regulators that work great ..... it was still a hard pill to swallow trading in two good older regulators (Dacor 360's) and $600 for two new Mares regulators.

scubapro50:
I'll be nice and won't get envolved in bashing Dacor for not honoring their written "lifetime" warranty this time. I did use the Mares/Dacor trade in program and received two nice Mares Abyss regulators that work great ..... it was still a hard pill to swallow trading in two good older regulators (Dacor 360's) and $600 for two new Mares regulators.
"Lifetime Warranty" Who's? yours, mine, projected or the companies? Sounds like if the company is gone a Lifetime Warranty has gone as well.

Gary D.:wink:

scubapro50:

I would be glad they didn;t say to bad so sad for you like other companies may have tried to do. . .

TN Traveler:
Mares supplies replacement parts for all current DACOR equipment.

When Mares (actually their parent company Head Sports) bought DACOR, several years ago, DACOR was near bankruptcy and most of DACOR's parts suppliers were no longer making parts - so when Mares bought them, they only obtained the parts that were in DACOR's inventory and were unable to continue to supply parts for older DACOR equipment.

You will find lots of folks that bash Mares because they could not support old DACOR products. ACtually Mare/DACOR did what they could to make it up to those that owned older DACOR regs by offering a trade-in program for current Mares/DACOR equipment.

Mares fully supports current DACOR equipment - it has sort of become the low end of the Mares line - but still good euipment.

From reading what the Mares reps that frequent this board say and from several discussions I have had with them, it does not appear that Mares has any intention of discontinuing the DACOR line.

I could not have stated this any better than you did. Thanks to all that understand and we appreciate your support. The trade in program has been a huge success, in 12 months we have trade in thousands of Regs. and turned around what was a bad situation for many, into a positive for many. There are some that are not satisfied, but we have tried to assist all.

The program ends on Sept. 30, so don't wait too long if you have not taken advantage of the program.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
I could not have stated this any better than you did. Thanks to all that understand and we appreciate your support. The trade in program has been a huge success, in 12 months we have trade in thousands of Regs. and turned around what was a bad situation for many, into a positive for many. There are some that are not satisfied, but we have tried to assist all.

The program ends on Sept. 30, so don't wait too long if you have not taken advantage of the program.

Phil
things Mares/Dacor could have done ......continue to supply yearly maintence kits --- this consists of a few O rings and a couple of plastic parts. Some shops have stopped doing service on older units because they can't get the "yearly service kit" from Dacor while other LDS's continue repairing and rebuilding units using generic parts from other brands. There is even a seller on EBay that offers "generic rebuilding kits" for many of the most popular Dacor models that are no longer being supported by the company. These parts (O rings, seals, diaphrams, popits) are out there but you need to know where to look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom