Is Mares Cyrano HFT still in production ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RyanNg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear Spearos,

I've been searching high and low to get my hands on Mares Cyrano HFT but, most if not all shops are out of stock and no idea when will restock.

Just curious is this model no longer in production ?

If anyone knows a reliable online shop that have stock, would greatly appreciate if can share me the shop's contact. Thanks

The original HFT was silently pulled from the shelves because the locking pin for the piston would shear, and since then they did not release a hydroformed model.

Dear vicko,

Thanks for sharing.... This explains why even the official mares doesn't have the HFT models...

So is the cyrano 1.3 better than 1.1 ?

Wouldn't really know, as far as I understand it is that the 1.3 works better with thicker shafts. For mediteranean fishing I was really happy with the cyrano evo with the 1.1 piston and a vacuum kit.

Wouldn't really know, as far as I understand it is that the 1.3 works better with thicker shafts. For mediteranean fishing I was really happy with the cyrano evo with the 1.1 piston and a vacuum kit.
Dear vicko,

Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom