Is Leisurepro an authorized Oceanic dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a somewhat related note for those of us who are into photography...

Leisurepro and Adorama are the same company...

-Charles

Yeah, they are even in the same building on 18th St. Ground floor, Adorama, 2nd floor Leisurepro.
Yes, but LP is on the 3rd floor, if I remember correctly. Has anybody combined an LP order with an Adorama order? I never bothered to ask when I was in NYC, but here in HK it would save $30 or so in shipping.

If you want to check up on just about any company you might try ResellerRatings.com I find them useful at times.

It is not about how good the retailer is, in this case, Leisurepro. I have shopped from them, dealt with them with order issue many time. They are legit and in general very good in customer service. And prices, no need to mention, are some of the best out there.

However, they may NOT be an authorized dealer for all the scuba diving brands, for those brand, you will NOT get manufacture warranty. Leisurepro offer their own warranty on those products.

If I were to shop for something simple, such as mask, snorkel, fins, gloves, I couldn't care less about manufacture warranty. But now I was thinking of order a dive computer and a regulator, I want to make sure I am covered by manufacture warranty. That is why I want to know if Leisurepro is an authorized Oceanic dealer. It turns out that they are. I am picking up Oceanic VT3 and Delta4/FDX10 while I am in NY.

It is not about how good the retailer is, in this case, Leisurepro. I have shopped from them, dealt with them with order issue many time. They are legit and in general very good in customer service. And prices, no need to mention, are some of the best out there.

However, they may NOT be an authorized dealer for all the scuba diving brands, for those brand, you will NOT get manufacture warranty. Leisurepro offer their own warranty on those products.

If I were to shop for something simple, such as mask, snorkel, fins, gloves, I couldn't care less about manufacture warranty. But now I was thinking of order a dive computer and a regulator, I want to make sure I am covered by manufacture warranty. That is why I want to know if Leisurepro is an authorized Oceanic dealer. It turns out that they are. I am picking up Oceanic VT3 and Delta4/FDX10 while I am in NY.

Good luck! I hope you dive it enough to wear it out!

Yes, but LP is on the 3rd floor, if I remember correctly. Has anybody combined an LP order with an Adorama order? I never bothered to ask when I was in NYC, but here in HK it would save $30 or so in shipping.

I have never combined orders, but I have received an Adorama order with Leisure Pro bubble wrap.

Unfortunately, that isn't possible. If you ever have any questions about Adorama, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

As you wrote, it is a MANUFACTURER'S Warranty. It is not a retailer's warranty.

I have purchased a number of items, including a regulator and a BC, and every time the merchandise came with the manufacturer's paperwork. I sent in the card from my Seaquest Latitude BC that was purchased from LP and I never heard a squeak form the manufacturer.

:angrymob:

If L.P. isn't an authorized dealer for a product, and that product dies, L.P. usually just gives you a new one without even trying to repair it. I'm cool with that. I like new. Just as good or better than a manufacturers warranty.

Officially, LP is an authorized Oceanic dealer. It should be fairly clear on our website under each product listing what it's warrenty involves, however if something is not clear or you would like further verification please do not hesitate to ask me.

Kindly,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom