Is it worth it to upgrade from the HD Hero 2 to the new Hero 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a Hero 3 Black I'll sell you a brand new one. $379 shipped USPS priority mail. We're a dealer for GoPro so you'll still get GoPro's warranty. Anywhere else is $399 before tax...

Thanks Todd,

I will contact you if I decide to go for it.

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 06:40 PM ----------

It all depends on how you value the 3's new features.

I can't upgrade because they don't have a 3D option for the 3's yet. The shorter battery life is also a serious concern---I find the 2's battery life too short, on occasion. But again, this is in the 3D configuration so I can't use the larger battery pack.

Is the battery life of the 3 much shorter than the 2 when shooting video?

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 06:41 PM ----------

i have owned every generation of gopros
Yes
the black is far superior

Why is the rum always gone

In what way do you find new3 "far superior?"

Thanks.

I think it is worth it. The low light function. Makes it worth it. Sell the hero 2. And buy the 3 black..

I might be interested in buying two hero 2's for a second 3D rig---but am cheap...if you catch my drift.

I'd prefer firmware version 124, if possible, the more recent firmware releases (v198 and v222) don't work for 3D.

I might be interested in buying two hero 2's for a second 3D rig---but am cheap...if you catch my drift.

I'd prefer firmware version 124, if possible, the more recent firmware releases (v198 and v222) don't work for 3D.

Got two new original Hero 1080p with the 3D housing, all new in boxes, sitting on the counter right now. PM me if you have an idea what you want to spend...

I really don't see any reason to upgrade. I think, with ANY video, the operator is the major factor in quality of final product. Most people don't take time to shoot video, they just turn it on and swim around, making crap movies. OR they spend zero time editing their footage, taking out any repetitive bits or long boring shots. Upgrading from Hero2 to Hero3.... don't think for the average diver it will make a big difference. Just my opinion.

robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom