Is it unusual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes with a very small leak, the backpressure of the water when submerged will be enough to stop the leak. I have a reg that occasionally when dry will hiss very slightly, when i submerge it no bubbles no leak.

^^^^ +1

My buddy has a reg that periodically will do this too. We have tweaked the tune various times, but it still does it. I've pestered him to get the LP seat replaced, but he hasn't.

No testing today. Laid low bt zika. Don't know when I will be able to move again.

Oh no zika.. Who will transport the souls of the dead across the River?

Sometimes with a very small leak, the backpressure of the water when submerged will be enough to stop the leak. I have a reg that occasionally when dry will hiss very slightly, when i submerge it no bubbles no leak.

While theoretically possible, such a leak should be very erratic and highly unlikely. Four inches of water is about 0.01 ATM. If 4 inches of water is causing your leak to disappear, you could overcome that by adjusting the IP just slightly higher, like one psi

While theoretically possible, such a leak should be very erratic and highly unlikely. Four inches of water is about 0.01 ATM. If 4 inches of water is causing your leak to disappear, you could overcome that by adjusting the IP just slightly higher, like one psi

Don't you mean lower the IP by one PSI? We are talking about a 2nd stage leak, right?

I'll look into this more when I get home. Right now I'm laid up at least another day and Thursday would be the last day I would dive before flying out.

Oh no zika.. Who will transport the souls of the dead across the River?

I'll take the souls to redrock.

You'll take the souls to redrock? What about the lions?

You probably know the rest ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom